Change of circumstances while receiving Parental Leave Pay

If you do not tell us when your circumstances change, you may be doing the wrong thing.

For example, if:

  • you return to work
  • you are no longer your child’s primary carer
  • you change your address
  • your employment ends, or
  • you leave Australia, even for a short time, or return to Australia

You can advise a change in circumstances using your Centrelink online account through myGov. Select Paid Parental Leave Circumstances once you’ve logged on.

We’re testing a new website design. Try it out and tell us what you think. Read more about changes to this site.

Page last updated: 7 March 2017

This information was printed Saturday 22 July 2017 from It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at when using this material.