Claiming Low Income Family Supplement
The Low Income Family Supplement ended on 30 June 2017. We no longer accept claims unless you have special circumstances that delayed your claim.
Before you start
We no longer accept claims unless you have special circumstances that delayed your claim.
Claimants no longer have:
- online claim access, or
- direct access to the claim form
Special circumstances include unusual, uncommon, special or exceptional reasons. If you cannot prove your special circumstances we won’t accept your claim.
You must be able to tell us and give evidence of the special circumstances that stopped you from submitting your claim before 30 June 2017.
Information you need to submit your late claim
To submit a late claim you will need to give us supporting documents.
- evidence of why you didn’t claim before 30 June 2017
- identity documents for you and your partner
- proof of you and your partner’s Australian residence
- evidence of your taxable and non-taxable 2015-2016 income
- evidence of any 2015–2016 income stream benefits
- your and your partner’s income and assets
- your bank account name, number and BSB number, and
- your 2015-2016 tax notice of assessment, or
- evidence that you aren’t required to submit a 2015-2016 tax return
Start your claim
Submit your claim
You need to give us:
- your claim form, and
- any other documents we’ve asked you for
You should submit these within 14 days of getting your claim form.
Submit other documents
We may ask you for documents to help us assess your claim.
You can submit some of these through your online account.
Wait for the results
We’ll tell you:
- if we accept your claim
- when we’ll pay you, and
- how much you’ll get
You have the right to appeal our decision. Read about reviews and appeals.