Claiming Pensioner Education Supplement

You should submit your claim for Pensioner Education Supplement or ABSTUDY Pensioner Education Supplement as soon as possible so that we can pay you from the earliest possible date.

Intent to claim

Register an intent to claim. You can do this before your course starts.

Claim form

Download and print the Pensioner Education Supplement claim form or the ABSTUDY Pensioner Education Supplement claim form.

If you do not have access to a printer:

Supporting documentation

If you are receiving a Department of Veterans’ Affairs qualifying payment you will need to provide details of your study arrangements. You may also need to provide documents to confirm your identity.

Submit your claim

Most people have their funds paid directly into their bank account. Make sure you register your bank details when you submit your claim so you can too.

Submit your completed forms, identity documents, details of your study arrangements and any other documents we have asked for by post or to your nearest service centre.

Claim outcome

We will send you a letter advising whether your claim is successful. If you are eligible, the letter will also tell you when your payment starts and how much you will get.

If you are waiting for approval of a pension or payment from us or the Department of Veterans' Affairs as a requirement for you to qualify for the supplement, your claim may be rejected.

If your claim is rejected, you should contact us within 13 weeks of the rejection to ensure that your supplement can be backdated when your other pension or payment is approved.

Page last updated: 12 December 2016