Claiming Rent Assistance

You do not need to submit a separate claim for Rent Assistance. We will assess your eligibility when you make a claim for another payment.

You can tell us your accommodation details have changed using your Centrelink account through myGov, by telephone or at your nearest service centre.

Depending on your circumstances, you may need to give us proof that you pay rent. This may include completing a Rent Certificate. We will let you know when this is required.

If you have received a Rent Certificate from us and require a replacement copy, you can access it using the request a document option within your online account.

Submit your documents

You can submit your Rent Certificate and formal written tenancy agreement by:-

Claim outcome

We will send you a letter to tell you whether the claim you submitted for another payment has been successful. If you are eligible for that payment from us, we will also tell you whether you are eligible for Rent Assistance, when your payment will start, and how much you will get.

You always have the right to appeal any decision we make. Read more about reviews and appeals.

Page last updated: 28 June 2016