Claiming under the Continence Aids Payment Scheme

To claim under CAPS you and your health professional must complete certain forms and reports.

Application form

You need to order a CAPS application form from the Department of Health bladder and bowel website. Alternatively, you can call the Continence Helpline or the CAPS team for a copy.

You need to complete the form with your health professional and include a health report to:

Authorised health professionals

For this scheme, a health professional can be, but isn’t limited to, any of the following:

  • general practitioner
  • continence nurse
  • registered nurse
  • physiotherapist
  • occupational therapist
  • Aboriginal Health Worker
  • medical specialist

Supporting documentation

Certified copies of supporting documentation, such as a Power of Attorney, must be provided if this option was selected on the application form.

A certified copy is a copy of an original document that’s sighted and signed as a true and correct copy by an authorised witness. A copy of the certified document isn’t acceptable.

Submit application

Submit your completed application form and supporting documents by post, fax or at your local service centre.

If you are eligible your CAPS payment will be paid from the day we receive your application.

When you register your bank details with us we can pay you directly into your account. 

Application outcome

If you’re eligible, we will make a payment into your nominated Australian bank account and send you a statement of the payment amount. If your application is incomplete, we will contact you for more information. If you aren’t eligible, we will tell you in writing.

You can always appeal any decision we make. If you would like to talk about or appeal any decision, please call our CAPS team.

Page last updated: 13 April 2017