Family Tax Benefit Account Payable notice

If you receive Family Tax Benefit (FTB) we need your income details.

If you don’t confirm your income in time, we’ll send you an Account Payable notice.

Why we send it

For us to balance your FTB payments after the end of the financial year, we need your and your partner’s income details. We recieve this information when you:

  • lodge a tax return, or
  • let us know that you don’t need to lodge one

You have 12 months from the end of the financial year to do this.

If you don’t do this, we’ll send you an Account Payable notice which asks you pay back the full amount of FTB you received.

What you need to do

You need to:

You should do this as soon as possible.

What happens if you do nothing

If you don’t do anything, we’ll start recovering the amount you owe.

If the amount you owe remains outstanding your FTB payments may stop.

We can’t pay you again unless you:

  • lodge a tax return or tell us you don’t need to lodge one, or
  • pay the debt in full

You can pay the amount in full by the due date on your notice or by instalments.

Read more about owing money.

We’re testing a new website design. Try it out and tell us what you think. Read more about changes to this site.

Page last updated: 18 July 2017