Help using Child Support online accounts
Online help information is available from within Child Support Online Services or you can contact us by phone during business hours (AEST)
About your Child Support online account
A Child Support online account allows parents to:
- view payment information
- receive most of your letters online
- access and send information securely
- view and update your personal child support details
- advise us of information that might affect your assessment
For more information, see Child Support online accounts.
Signing in or logging on to your Child Support online account
To access your Child Support online account, you must sign in to myGov. For more information, see Registering for or linking a Child Support account.
Registering for or linking a Child Support online account
To register for a Child Support online account, your case must be 'active'.
Most customers can register online. Some customers can only register with a staff member. This includes all 'international' customers, and restricted access customers. Customers having difficulty registering online can also register with a staff member.
Your Child Support account can only be accessed once you are signed in to myGov.
To register for (or link) a Child Support online account:
- Sign in to myGov. If you don’t have a myGov account, you will need to create a new one.
- Select 'Services'.
- Select the 'link' icon next to 'Child Support'.
- Then choose how you will link your account;
- You can use your existing Child Support password, or a temporary password.
- You can use the linking code provided by a staff member.
- If you don't have a password or linking code, you can answer a number of questions about yourself to link your myGov account to a Child Support account.
Updating your email address
If your Child Support email address has changed or is incorrect:
- From the menu select 'Personal details' > 'Update contact details'.
- In the 'Email address' section, select 'Edit'.
- Enter your email address.
- Select 'Submit'.
Note: You may also need to update your email address in myGov, which is recorded separately.
Changing how you receive your letters
When you register for a Child Support online account, you will automatically receive most of your letters online.
If you want to receive all your letters by mail, send us a message from within your Child Support online account.
Using your account if you have a disability
Child Support aims to conform to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level A.
If you experience any accessibility issues while using your Child Support account, please contact us.
Closing your Child Support online account
If you no longer want to use your account, go to myGov and 'unlink' your Child Support account.
Before unlinking, you should check for any unread online letters. Future letters will be mailed to you.
Getting further help
If you need further help, send us a message by signing into your myGov account, accessing Child Support services, then selecting 'Send us a message'.If you are unable to access your online account you can phone us.