Medicare letters online
You can receive some of your Medicare letters online through the myGov Inbox, instead of in the post.
Receiving letters online
By receiving your letters online you can:
- view, print, and save your letters
- receive your letters sooner
- have online access to letters we send you for 90 days, and
- help the environment by reducing your paper mail
Letters available online
You can receive:
- your statement of Medicare benefits by EFT and
- some of your Medicare Safety Net letters
All other Medicare letters will be sent to your postal address until they are available online.
To subscribe to Medicare online letters:
- sign in to your myGov account and link it to Medicare - Register now if you don't have an online account
- available letters will be delivered to your myGov Inbox - you will receive an SMS or email notification from myGov to let you know when there is a message in your Inbox
- sign in to your myGov account and view the letter from your Inbox
Changing how you receive your letters
You can use your Medicare online account to change the way you receive your letters.
- Sign in to myGov and go to your linked Medicare account.
- Select Medicare letters online.
- Change your preference by selecting the relevant checkbox and submit.
If your preference is to receive online letters, you will not receive letters in the post, except for those not available online.
Letters sent to the Inbox will be available in your Inbox for 90 days. Medicare letters delivered to your myGov Inbox will be automatically removed after this time. This includes unread letters. Make sure you save or print the letters you want to keep before they are removed.
If you still need a letter that has been removed, you can contact us to request a new one if you need it.
You will be unsubscribed from Medicare letters online if you:
- cancel your Medicare online account
- are no longer eligible for a Medicare online account, or
- cancel or unlink from your myGov account
Letters previously sent to your myGov Inbox will remain available for 90 days from the date received.
If you unlink your Medicare online account, you will be unable to access letters previously sent to your myGov Inbox. If you relink to your Medicare account your letters will be available, provided you are still within the 90 day archiving period.
Any future letters will be sent to you in the post.
Help using your online account
For information about your myGov account, and the Inbox, go to myGov.