Register for an online account
Register for a myGov account to access a range of government online services including Medicare, Centrelink and Child Support with one username and password.
How to create a myGov account
If you don’t already have a myGov account, you can create one by:
- selecting create a myGov account on the myGov website
- filling in your account details
- creating a password and 3 secret questions
- receiving your username
Watch our video on how to create a myGov account.
Once you have created your myGov account, link your services so you can access your online accounts through myGov.
If you don’t have a Centrelink online account you can set one up through myGov. You will be asked a number of questions to make sure myGov links to the record that belongs to you. The questions are based on information that you have already given to Centrelink and can include:
- your Customer Reference Number (CRN) for Centrelink
- your Medicare card details
- your Child Support Reference Number (CSRN)
- your bank account details
- the date of your last claim or payment, if any
If you don’t have a Centrelink online account, register today to get started.
You should allow between 5 to 15 minutes to complete the registration process for a Centrelink online account.
You will need a Customer Reference Number (CRN) to do most of your business with your Centrelink online account.
If you have a Customer Reference Number (CRN)
You can find your CRN on letters or cards Centrelink has sent to you. Enter your CRN to complete your registration for a Centrelink online account.