Residence requirements for the Low Income Health Care Card
To be eligible for a Low Income Health Care Card you must satisfy residence requirements.
You must be living in Australia and:
- have Australian citizenship
- hold a permanent visa
- hold a Special Category visa, or
- hold a Partner Provisional visa subclass 309 or 820 or 826, or a Temporary Protection visa
You must also:
- be physically present in Australia on the day you submit your claim, and
- continue to meet the residence requirements for as long as you hold this card
Newly arrived residents generally have a 104 week waiting period, with some exemptions.