Services and programs available for carers

Information about services and programs available for carers.

If you are caring for someone with an illness, disability or injury, there are other government and non-government organisations that provide services and programs that can help.

The National Disability Insurance Scheme website provides information, referral and links to make sure families and carers of people with disability are able to access support in their community.

The myagedcare website provides information about the support available when you care for someone who is frail aged. You can contact Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centres on Freecall 1800 052 222 or call 1800 059 059.

Special Disability Trusts help immediate family members of people with severe disability make financial provision for the person's future care and accommodation needs.

Carers Australia represents the needs and interests of carers at the national level. It is made up of members from the 8 state and territory Carers Associations.The Carers Australia website provides information about the national peak body for carers. You can contact them on Freecall 1800 242 636.

The Carer Gateway website provides a broad range of information about services and support available to carers.

Page last updated: 20 February 2017

This information was printed Tuesday 28 February 2017 from It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at when using this material.