Time period for submitting lump sum claims and confirming income
You have 1 year to submit a lump sum claim and confirm your income for that financial year.
2015-16 financial year
For the 2015-16 financial year, you have until 30 June 2017 to:
- submit a lump sum claim for Family Tax Benefit (FTB) and Child Care Benefit
- submit a lump sum claim for Single Income Family Supplement if you do not receive FTB
- confirm your income for FTB and Single Income Family Supplement - this means you and your partner need to lodge a tax return with the Australian Taxation Office, or tell us if you do not need to lodge a tax return, and provide details of your income for the financial year
If you do not submit your lump sum claim for Child Care Benefit within 1 year, your eligibility for Child Care Rebate will not be assessed.
Contact us if there are special circumstances that prevent you or your partner from completing any of the above within the 1 year timeframe.
If you receive FTB Part A, you may be eligible for FTB Part A supplement. To receive this supplement, you have until 30 June 2017 to make sure:
- your child is up to date with their immunisations, and
- your child has a health check for the financial year in which they turn 4 years of age, if you or your partner have been receiving an income support payment
How to claim
If you are unable to start your claim online or using the mobile app, you can download and complete one of the following forms:
- Claim for an annual lump sum payment of FTB for the 2015–16 financial year
- Claim for approved child care payments—an annual lump sum payment for the 2015–16 financial year
If you are unable to start your Single Income Family Supplement claim online, you can contact us.
Read more about: