Time period for submitting lump sum claims and confirming income
You have 1 year to submit a lump sum claim for family assistance and confirm your income for that financial year.
2016-17 financial year
You have until 30 June 2018 to submit a lump sum claim for:
- Family Tax Benefit (FTB)
- Child Care Benefit (CCB)
- Single Income Family Supplement (SIFS) if you do not receive FTB for the whole year
You and your partner also need to confirm your income for FTB and SIFS by 30 June 2018. You can do this by lodging a tax return with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO), or telling us you don’t need to lodge.
If you receive FTB Part A and your family’s income is under $80,000, you may be eligible for the FTB Part A Supplement.
You also have until 30 June 2018 to make sure:
- your child is up to date with their immunisations, and
- your child has a health check for the financial year in which they turn 4 years of age, if you or your partner have been receiving an income support payment
Contact us if there are special circumstances that stop you or your partner from completing any of the above within the time period.
Read more about balancing your family assistance payments.
How to claim
You can claim FTB, CCB and SIFS using your:
If you can't start your claim online, you can download and complete one of these forms:
- Claim for an annual lump sum payment of FTB for the 2016–17 financial year
- Claim for approved child care payments—an annual lump sum payment for the 2016–17 financial year
If you can't start your SIFS claim online, you can contact us.
If you don't submit your lump sum claim for CCB within the time period, we won't assess your eligibility for Child Care Rebate.