Widow Allowance when you reach age pension age
If you get Widow Allowance and reach age pension age, we invite you to transfer to Age Pension.
When you reach age pension age
You’ll need to tell us if you:
- want to transfer to Age Pension, or want to stay on Widow Allowance, and
- have any superannuation
Benefits of Age Pension
If you transfer to Age Pension:
- you may get a higher rate of payment and more generous income and assets tests
- you may get a Pensioner Concession Card
- the rules may be better if you travel outside Australia
- and live on a single title of land covering more than 2 hectares, we can exempt more land from the assets test
- you can get the Work Bonus
Read more about how to transfer to Age Pension.
Once you reach age pension age, we will automatically pay the Pension Supplement to you with your regular fortnightly payment of Widow Allowance. The supplement replaces: