Customer news

We keep you up to date with changes to your payments and services. This is a complete listing of all our customer news.

Check, collect, claim and maintain

Follow these easy steps to make claiming with us easier.

Don’t forget to update your farm business income estimate

If you get Farm Household Allowance and your farm income has changed, chances are your payments need to change as well.

We’re asking you to create a voiceprint

Voiceprint makes using our phone system easy, and it’s safer and more secure than using a PIN.

Live in rural or remote Australia and need to call us?

We have Rural Call Centre staff ready to talk to you.

School’s out! What’s next?

The end of high school is fast approaching. What’s next? Here are some tips to help with your decision making.

Do you get Farm Household Allowance? It’s time to reconcile

If you get Farm Household Allowance (FHA), you need to send us your 2015–16 income tax returns.

Child Care Rebate quarterly payments are coming soon

If you receive Child Care Rebate (CCR) quarterly, your payment is on its way.

Lump sum claiming for 2016-17 is now open

You have until 30 June 2018 to submit your claim for family assistance.

Centrelink payment summaries are now available

Details from your 2016-17 Centrelink payment summary have been pre-filled for you in myTax.

Child care payments are being balanced soon

This year we’ll start balancing child care payments from 24 July 2017.

Last chance to lodge 2015-16 tax return

To avoid a debt, lodge your tax return or tell us that you don’t need to lodge one.

Do you have reportable fringe benefits?

The way we assess reportable fringe benefits has changed. This may affect your family income estimate.

It’s that time of year again, tax time

Make sure you take the right steps this tax time when you submit your Medicare Entitlement Statement application.

The ordinary waiting period has changed for some new claims

You may now need to serve a 1 week waiting period.

Your student payment may change from June

Payment rates and eligibility are changing for dependent Youth Allowance, ABSTUDY, Assistance for Isolated Children and Austudy.

We’re testing a new website design

We want to know what you think about the new design.

Changes to family payments

Don’t forget, there are changes to some family payments from 1 July 2017.

Extra support for young job seekers getting into the workforce

From 1 July 2017 if you start work, we may suspend your payment for 26 weeks rather than cancel it.

Older Australians keep a step ahead of the latest scams

Scams are on the rise. We have details about the recent scams to keep you and your family safe.

Annual payments for carers

Eligible carers will be paid Carer Supplement and Child Disability Assistance Payment from 1 July 2017.

Eligible recipients get one-off energy payment

The One-off Energy Assistance Payment will be paid from 26 June 2017.

Our new look Payment and Service Finder is now available

A great new way to help you find, estimate and compare payments, and locate services.

Don’t need to lodge a tax return?

We still need information from you to balance your family payments.

Lodge your 2016-17 tax return so we can balance your payments

We need to confirm your income before we can balance your family assistance payments.

The subsidy benefit does not exist - it’s a scam

A new scam about a subsidy benefit is being emailed to people and claiming to be from us.

Gifting may affect your payment

Before you give away your income and assets, it’s important you understand how it can affect your payment.

Change to Age Pension eligibility age from 1 July 2017

Remember, from 1 July 2017 the age you need to be to get Age Pension is changing.

A new PaTH to employment for young job seekers

You can gain valuable work experience by taking part in a PaTH internship.

Meet Karen, one of our Agents out in the field

We have 350 Agents across the country bringing face-to-face services to rural residents.

Organise your income estimate and payment choices

You can now update your income estimate for 2017-18 and review your payment choices.

myGov, as easy as it should be

A new look myGov, giving you a better online experience.

Has your child had a health check?

Your 4 year old child needs to have a health check for you to get Family Tax Benefit (FTB) Part A supplement.

Changes to child care payments don’t start until 2 July 2018

The recently announced changes to child care payments may affect you next year.

Do you or your child get the Student Start-up Scholarship?

The Student Start-up Scholarship is being replaced by the Student Start-up Loan for all students.

The Student Start-up Scholarship is ending

From 1 July 2017, the Student Start-up Scholarship is being replaced by the Student Start-up Loan for all students.

Don’t forget to submit your lump sum claim by 30 June 2017

If you didn’t receive family payments during 2015-16, you might be eligible for a lump sum payment.

Do you get Child Care Rebate?

If you want to change your Child Care Rebate (CCR) payment option for the 2017-18 financial year, you need to do it now.

Our RSS service alerts you to updates to this page. You can connect to our RSS feeds with your favourite RSS reader. Customer news RSS