Annual payments for carers
Eligible carers will be paid Carer Supplement and Child Disability Assistance Payment from 1 July 2017.
You don’t need to contact us. If you’re eligible, we’ll pay these into your bank account.
If you don’t get these payments by 31 July 2017, and you think you’re eligible, check your Centrelink online account:
- to see if we have issued the payment
- to confirm your registered bank account details are correct
We’ll pay you a Carer Supplement of up to $600 for each eligible person in your care.
You may also get a Child Disability Assistance Payment of up to $1000 for each eligible child.
These annual payments are to help with the costs of caring for someone with a disability or medical condition.
- Carer Supplement and Child Disability Assistance Payment
- create a myGov account and link it to your Centrelink online account
- Online account guides and video demonstrations
Call the Multilingual Phone Service to speak with a skilled bilingual service officer about Centrelink payments and services.
Subscribe and we'll send you regular news highlights.