Beware of myGov SMS and email scams
Scammers are targeting people with messages claiming to be from myGov.
The security of your personal details is important to myGov. We assure you that your details are very secure.
myGov will never SMS or email you and:
- ask for identity or financial details
- send you live web links
If you, or someone you know, get an SMS or email from a sender identifying as myGov, you should not supply your identity or financial details.
It’s important to remain alert to possible scams.
You can contact myGov straight away if you are concerned about the security of your personal details.
Read more about:
- contacting myGov if you need assurance or support
- Stay Smart Online the Australian Government’s online safety and security website
- protecting yourself from scams on the Scamwatch website
- Australian & New Zealand’s National Identity & Cyber Support Service on the iDcare website
- Scams on the Department of Human Services website
- Scams and warnings for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people on the MoneySmart website