Changes to child care payments don’t start until 2 July 2018
The recently announced changes to child care payments may affect you next year.
At this stage, you don’t need to do anything. The way we work out your child care payments will stay the same until next year.
From 2 July 2018, there will be a new Child Care Subsidy and an Additional Child Care Subsidy.
This will affect you if you’re getting:
Child Care Subsidy and Additional Child Care Subsidy will replace these payments.
You’ll need to meet both an activity and income test to get Child Care Subsidy and Additional Child Care Subsidy. In some circumstances, you may be exempt from the activity test.
We’ll contact you with more details about the changes closer to the time. We may also ask you to give us some more information so we can work out:
- what you may be eligible for, and
- if eligible, how much you’ll receive
- Read more about the Child Care Subsidy and the Additional Child Care Subsidy on the Department of Education and Training website
- If you plan to claim a child care payment before July 2018, the process hasn’t changed. You can claim online using your Centrelink online account through myGov
- Read more about:
- Read more news for families