Do you get Farm Household Allowance? Don’t forget to reconcile

If you get Farm Household Allowance (FHA), you need to send us your 2014-15 tax returns by 30 April 2017.

By sending us your personal and business tax returns, your FHA payments can be reconciled. This also makes sure that you get the right payment at the right time.

For example, you could receive a top up payment if your business income is lower than the estimate you already sent us.

You can receive FHA for up to 3 years in times of hardship.

It can also help you and your family take steps to improve your financial position. While receiving FHA, you may also claim up to $4,000 for a range of activities.

This can go towards advice and training activities that may help you achieve financial independence by the end of your 3 years on the payment.

Next steps

For more information:

We know that farm income is difficult to work out so:

  • talk to your financial advisor or accountant to estimate your farm income each financial year
  • tell us about any changes in your financial situation

Page last updated: 10 March 2017