We're changing our website design on 27 August 2017.

Don’t forget to submit your lump sum claim by 30 June 2017

If you didn’t receive family payments during 2015-16, you might be eligible for a lump sum payment.

Family Tax Benefit (FTB), Single Income Family Supplement (SIFS) and Child Care Benefit (CCB) can help with the cost of raising a family.

You may be able to claim these payments as a lump sum if you:

  • were eligible for them during the 2015-16 financial year, and
  • didn’t claim them

You have until 30 June 2017 to submit your lump sum claim. You can do this using your Centrelink online account through myGov.


Both you and your partner also need to confirm your income by lodging your tax returns by 30 June 2017.

If you or your partner don’t need to lodge a tax return, you will need to tell us when you make your claim. You can do this on the claim form. You’ll also need to do this by 30 June 2017.

Child Care payments

Once you submit your lump sum claim for CCB, you’ll automatically get Child Care Rebate too if you’re eligible.

If you claimed your CCB and were eligible for a fee reduction through your child care provider for some of the 2015-16 financial year, you can submit a lump sum claim for the part of the year you missed out on.


Sally’s daughter has been in approved child care since July 2015. Sally claimed Child Care Benefit as reduced fees in December 2015 and received a fee reduction through her child care provider. Sally can now make a lump sum claim for the period between July 2015 and December 2015 when she was not receiving Child Care Benefit as a fee reduction.

Next steps

We’re testing a new website design. Try it out and tell us what you think. Read more about changes to this site.

Page last updated: 29 May 2017