Have you overdrawn your bank account?

We’ve partnered with the banking sector and there’s support available if you’ve overdrawn your account.

An agreement is in place that limits the amount participating financial institutions can take from certain income support payments. This agreement is called the Code of Operation (the Code).

The Code restricts financial institutions to 10% of your protected payment to repay your overdrawn account. This leaves you with 90% for daily living expenses.

Next steps

Page last updated: 21 July 2016