Lump sum claiming for 2015-16 now open
If you didn’t receive family assistance in 2015-16, now’s the time to submit a lump sum claim.
- didn’t receive family assistance in the 2015-16 financial year
- didn’t ask us to defer your family assistance payments until the end of the 2015-16 financial year, and
- think you’re eligible to receive family assistance
Even though you have until 30 June 2017 to submit a lump sum claim, you may as well get it done as soon as possible. The sooner you claim, the sooner you’ll be paid any family assistance for which you are eligible.
Thomas and his partner haven’t received Family Tax Benefit during the 2015-16 financial year, but would like to receive a lump sum. Thomas needs to submit a lump sum claim using his Centrelink online account through myGov. Thomas and his partner then have to lodge a tax return or let us know if one or both of them don’t need to lodge a tax return.
Remember, not everyone receiving family assistance has to do the same thing. Everyone has one thing in common though - no one needs to call us.
- Submit a lump sum claim online using your Centrelink online account through myGov
- Read more about balancing your family assistance payments
- Find out if you need to lodge a tax return by using the do I need to lodge a tax return? tool on the ATO website
- Got questions? Save some time and ask us at Family Update on Facebook or tweet @FamilyUpdateAU
- Read more families news