Schoolkids Bonus payments are ending
The final instalment of Schoolkids Bonus will be paid automatically to eligible families and students from 1 to 18 July 2016.
If you are eligible, you’ll get a Schoolkids Bonus payment of up to:
- $215 for each child who is in primary school, and
- $428 for each child who is in secondary school
When you will be paid
The date you’re paid Schoolkids Bonus will depend on when you receive your regular fortnightly payment from us. Find your payment date for the final Schoolkids Bonus instalment.
If you’re due to report your income, you need to do this before you can be paid Schoolkids Bonus. Your payment could be delayed if you report late.
You can check if you’ve been paid, as it will be displayed in your Centrelink online account on the day it’s paid to you, but will not be visible before this date.
If you haven’t received your payment
It is also important to check education details are up to date. You can do this using your Centrelink online account through myGov, through the View/Update Child Education Details service.
If, after updating your child’s education details, your child is eligible for Schoolkids Bonus, you’ll be paid within 2 days of the update.
If the details you’ve provided are already correct, and you haven’t been paid, please wait until after 18 July 2016 before contacting us.
- Check your child’s education details are recorded and correct
- Visit our online guides to use your Centrelink online account to update your:
- Read more about Schoolkids Bonus, including eligibility, payment rates and your payment date for the final Schoolkids Bonus instalment
- If you have any questions, you can ask us at Family Update on Facebook or tweet @FamilyUpdate AU - just remember to keep your personal information private, and
- Keep up to date with our regular email summary of important news by subscribing to news for families