Recall funds from your BasicsCard using your Centrelink online account
Instructions to help you view and recall funds from your BasicsCard to your Income Management Account using your Centrelink online account.
This guide steps you through the process of recalling funds from your BasicsCard to your Income Management Account. Read our separate detailed instructions to:
- view your BasicsCard account information
- transfer funds from your Income Management Account to your Basicscard
The BasicsCard is a Personal Identification Number (PIN) protected card, which allows you to access your income managed funds through existing EFTPOS facilities at approved stores and businesses. The BasicsCard is available to you if your payments are income managed. Read more about BasicsCard.
Some important details to be aware of regarding recalling funds to your Income Management Account:
- you must have an active BasicsCard and you must have at least $1 on your BasicsCard
- there must not be any transfers pending to either your BasicsCard or Income Management Account
- if you have a payment nominee in place, you can’t access this service. Read more about payment nominees and someone to deal with us on your behalf
- the money may automatically be transferred back onto your BasicsCard after you receive your next Centrelink payment. For most customers, each payday, after all regular payments are paid, any money left in your Income Management Account will automatically go to your BasicsCard
Step 1: sign in and view your account balances
Once you have signed into myGov, select your Centrelink online account to access full menu options and your homepage.
To recall funds from your BasicsCard, select Income Management / BasicsCard, then Recall Funds from BasicsCard from the main menu.
This page gives you important information about this service and its use. We encourage you to read the important information carefully.
Select Start now to view the balances of your BasicsCard and Income Management Account and to start the process.
Step 2: recall funds to your Income Management Account
Enter the amount you want recalled from your BasicsCard to your Income Management Account and select Continue.
We will summarise your request and include the balances of your BasicsCard and Income Management Account.
Accept the declaration and select Submit, if the summary of your request is correct.
Select Back to change the amount.
Select Cancel to stop the process and return to your homepage.
We’ll provide you with a receipt number if your request has been successfully received. We will also confirm that the funds you’ve recalled are available.
Select Print this page to print a copy of your receipt.
Select Return home to return to your homepage.
Step 3: sign out
Once you are back at your homepage you can complete other transactions.
Select the myGov icon to return to your myGov account.
For your privacy and security, make sure you sign out when you have finished using your myGov account.
To exit your Centrelink account if you have not signed in via myGov, select the log out icon.