Create a myGov account
How to create a myGov account.
Before you start:
- you need an email address and access to this email address to get your code and create your account
- each myGov account must have a different email address - if you share an email address with someone, only one of you can use that email with myGov
Steps to create an account
- Go to my.gov.au
- Select Create an account on the homepage.
- Enter your email address and then select Next.
- We will email you a code. Enter the code and select Next. The code is case sensitive.
- Enter your mobile phone number and select Next or, you can select Skip this step.
- We will send you a code to your mobile phone if you provided your number.
- Enter the code and select Next.
- Create and re-enter your password with at least 7 characters and a number, and then select Next.
- Create 3 questions and answers that only you can answer. Make sure your answers are easy for you to remember. Select your first question from the list or create your own, and enter the answer in the area provided. Select Next.
- Repeat for Step 10 to set your second and third questions and answers.
- You have created your myGov account and your username details will appear on screen. Your username details will also be emailed to you.
- Select Continue to myGov to return to the homepage.
When you’ve created your myGov account
You can now:
- link Services
- go to Account settings in the menu bar to set up your sign-in options and Inbox notifications
For your privacy and security, select Sign out when you have finished using your myGov account.