Centrelink online accounts
The main way to claim a payment, update details and get reminders. It’s also how you report your income and anything else we ask for.
What you can do
Use your online account to:
- claim Centrelink payments
- claim an advance payment
- submit documents
- report your income
- report on mutual obligation requirements
- get letters from us
- view and change appointments
- update personal details
- update bank details where we send your payments
- request documents
- complete a rent review
- tell us about a Healthy Start for School check
- tell us if you travel outside Australia
- replace your concession or health care card
You can arrange for another person or organisation to enquire or act for you when dealing with us. Read more about someone to deal with us on your behalf.
To do your business online, you need a myGov account and a Centrelink online account.
Create a myGov account
- Go to myGov and select create a myGov account.
- Enter your confirmation code.
- Choose a password and 3 secret questions.
- Get your username by email.
- Sign in to your myGov account and follow the steps to link your Centrelink online account.
Watch the video and read more on how to create a myGov account.
Create a Centrelink online account
If you’ve had a Centrelink payment before, you may already have an online account.
You will need your Customer Reference Number (CRN) which can be found on a letter we have previously sent to you, or your Health Care Card, if you have one. You will also need your online account password.
Read more about how to register for an online account.
Link your Centrelink online account
- Sign in to your myGov account and select services.
- Follow the steps to link your Centrelink member service to myGov.
Watch the video and read more on how to link your online account to myGov.
If you can’t register online
Log on to your myGov account and select Centrelink from your linked member services.
You can use your Centrelink online account through the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app.
Online open hours
Centrelink online accounts and Express Plus Centrelink and Express Plus Lite mobile apps are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. From time to time we have service interruptions for scheduled maintenance.
- Centrelink online account
- myGov account
- Express Plus Centrelink mobile app
You can send us a secure message asking for help.
- Online Services Support Hotline