Centrelink payment summary
Payment summaries include information about taxable and tax related Centrelink payments you have received within a financial year.
Payment summaries include:
- your Centrelink payment type
- the time period in which you were paid
- any tax deducted, and
- any tax exemptions
Access your Centrelink payment summary
If you need to lodge an income tax return and use myTax or a registered tax agent, then your Centrelink payment summary information is pre-filled for you.
You don't need to contact us - simply view, download or request a copy of your Centrelink payment summary using:
- your Centrelink online account through myGov
- the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app
- self service terminals at our service centres
- Centrelink phone self service and select request a document
If you are unsure whether you need to include certain types of payments, refer to the tax-free government pension and payments list on the Australian Taxation Office website.
If your payment summary is amended to include a change in circumstances for that period, it will be adjusted to reflect the correct amount and sent to you automatically.