Child Care Benefit

Helps with costs for approved and registered care such as long, family or occasional day care, outside school hour care, vacation care, pre-school and kindergarten.

Eligibility basics

  • use approved or registered child care
  • be responsible for paying the child care fees
  • immunise your child


There will be changes to child care assistance from 2 July 2018. Read more about the Jobs for Families Child Care Package on the Department of Education and Training website.

Page last updated: 18 April 2017