Double Orphan Pension

Helps with the costs of caring for orphaned children or children who are unable to be cared for by their parents.

Eligibility basics

To receive Double Orphan Pension you must care for the child at least 35% of the time because:

  • both parents are deceased
  • one parent is deceased and the other parent is imprisoned for at least 10 years, in a psychiatric institution or nursing home for an indefinite period, their whereabouts are unknown, or
  • the child is a refugee and both parents are outside of Australia or their whereabouts are unknown

Page last updated: 17 August 2017