Multicultural Service Officers
Specialists who help migrant and refugee communities connect with our services.
Around 70 officers operate across Australia from metropolitan to regional and rural service centres.
What they do
Our Multicultural Service Officers (MSO) work with multicultural community groups, staff and other government departments to:
- promote the department and establish effective relationships in the community and across government
- improve service delivery to culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) customers by understanding their needs
- provide support and assistance in complex customer cases
- help our staff to communicate with multicultural customers through language services
- raise awareness and competency of our staff in servicing CALD customers
- establish and maintain effective relationships with internal stakeholders to raise the profile of multicultural services and the MSO program
If you speak a language other than English
We have information in your language you can read, listen to or watch.
We provide free interpreters and translation of documents needed to access our payments and services.
Call our Multilingual Phone Service to speak with a skilled bilingual service officer about Centrelink payments and services.
To speak with someone about Medicare or Child Support services, call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National).