Pension Bonus Top Up
An extra payment if you've already had a Pension Bonus.
Who can get it
You’ll get a top up if:
- you got Age Pension and Pension Bonus on or after 1 January 2008
- we increased your pension rate in the 13 weeks after you got Age Pension due to a reduction in your income or assets
We calculate the Pension Bonus using the initial basic Age Pension rate. The top up is the difference between the original bonus amount you were paid and how much we would have paid at the highest pension rate during the 13 weeks after you got Age Pension.
We’ll check if you can get a top up and if you can get one, we’ll let you know by letter. You do not need to claim.
You won’t get a top up if:
- there has been no increase in the pension rate in the 13 weeks after you got Age Pension
- an increase in pension rate is due to:
- indexation of pension rate
- indexation of allowable limits
- a change in homeowner status, or
- a change in relationship status
Manage your money
We’ve got advice and tools to help you with budgeting, borrowing and credit, and managing debt.
Read about how to manage your money.
My bank account is overdrawn
You can get help to manage your money if your account if overdrawn.
Read about what to do if your account is overdrawn.