Medicare online accounts
A secure way for you to view, update, submit a claim and request some of your Medicare information online.
What you can do online
- confirm eligibility and your entitlement balance for the Child Dental Benefits Schedule
- request a replacement or duplicate Medicare card
- update your bank account details
- update your personal details - to update your name or date of birth online, you need to visit a service centre
- receive some Medicare letters online
- submit Medicare claims for some item numbers
- view and print your Medicare Safety Net balance
- view and print your unverified payment statement (this is a list of medical services unpaid at the time of claiming the Medicare benefit/s)
- register, view and edit your decision on the Australian Organ Donor Register
- view, download and print some of your Medicare claims history for the past 3 years
- view, download and print your immunisation history statements
- view your Individual Healthcare Identifier number history
- view and update your Individual Healthcare Identifier number
- view your Care Plan access history
Request your Medicare claims history
If a statement is missing information or showing incorrect details, call us or visit a service centre with a copy of your statement.
View and print your unverified medical services claimed with Medicare
You can view the details of unpaid medical services that need evidence of payment for yourself and your eligible dependants.
When we receive receipts for these services, we’ll update your records. If you’ve met a relevant Medicare Safety Net threshold you may be eligible for additional Medicare benefits.
To register for a Medicare online account, you need to be:
- enrolled in Medicare
- aged 14 or older, and
- living in Australia
Register now for a Medicare online account.
Read the conditions of use and access carefully before you agree to them, as they govern your access to our online accounts.
Once you have a Medicare online account through myGov, you can also use the Express Plus Medicare mobile app to do some of your Medicare business.
The easiest way to claim Medicare benefits is through your doctor’s practice, if they offer electronic claiming.
They send the claim to us through a secure internet connection or through the practice's EFTPOS terminal using your EFTPOS card. Your Medicare benefit is paid into the bank account registered with us, usually on the next working day.
Read more about the item numbers you can claim this way.
If you can't claim online use one of the other Medicare claiming options.
Privacy and security
We keep your personal information secure and value your online security. We offer a range of secure online and digital tools to help make it easier for you to do business with us.
Every time you access your Medicare online account, you will see a security page with information about your access history. If you believe your information has been accessed without your approval, call us.
Read more about:
Help using your Medicare online account
Help is available for any issues you may have accessing your Medicare online account through myGov.
Read more about troubleshooting.
Forgotten your password
If you've forgotten your password you can:
Online guides and video demonstrations
Watch the instructional demonstration videos on how to use your Medicare online account through myGov.
Cancel your Medicare online account
You now have two options when you cancel your Medicare online account.
Cancel my Medicare online account only
Use this option to cancel your Medicare online account but keep it active for later.
If you want to reopen a cancelled account, sign into myGov and link to Medicare.
Cancel and prevent access to my Medicare online account
With this option, you can’t access Medicare from myGov and your Medicare online account isn’t active.
Contact us or visit a service centre to use your Medicare online account in the future.
Express Plus Medicare mobile app
Once you have a Medicare online account you can download and use the Express Plus Medicare mobile app.