Medicare Teen Dental Plan
The Medicare Teen Dental Plan helped patients with the cost of an annual preventative dental check.
The preventative dental check included an oral examination and if needed:
- a scale and clean
- fluoride treatment
- oral hygiene instructions and dietary advice
- sealing of the pits or cracks in a tooth, such as fissure sealing
Other dental treatment services were not covered.
- were aged between 12 to 17 years
- received, or their family, guardian or carer received, certain government benefits such as the Family Tax Benefit Part A for at least part of the calendar year, and
- were eligible for Medicare
Read more information about the Child Dental Benefits Schedule.