This website is managed by the Department of Human Services. The following notices apply to activities on humanservices.gov.au
Information provided on this website is for general information and on the understanding that the Australian Government is not providing professional advice on a particular matter.
While we make every effort to ensure that the information on this site is accurate and up to date we accept no responsibility whether expressed or implied for the accuracy, currency and completeness of the information.
Before relying on the material you should independently check its relevance for your purposes, and obtain any appropriate professional advice.
For reasons of succinctness and presentation, the information provided on this website may be in the form of summaries and generalisations, and may omit detail that could be significant in a particular context, or to particular persons.
Links to other sites
Some site pages contain links to third party sites not managed by us. Those sites are not within our control and do not follow the same privacy, security, or accessibility standards as ours. We are not responsible for the content or availability of those sites, their partners, or advertisers. Any link to an external site is provided for your information and convenience only.
We accept no liability or responsibility for any interference with or damage to a site visitor’s computer, software or data occurring as a result of accessing this site. Visitors should ensure they have adequate protection against viruses when accessing the Internet.
Third party linking policy
The aim of humanservices.gov.au is to communicate our services by supporting an informed and engaged citizenry. Links to external websites are established and retained at our discretion. Without control, the number of external links on the website becomes difficult to maintain and audit appropriately.
We link to government (.gov), government funded (.org) or educational institutions (.edu) with a national focus. We source an alternative site that through its own primary sources, include pathways to community and state based organisation sites.
To avoid the perception of endorsement, links to commercial websites are not included. A commercial website is defined as a business site designed to generate income through the provision of services and products.
When considering a request to link to another websites we evaluate if it:
- provides official government information or services. Is it a .gov, .org or .edu website
- complements existing information, products and services on humanservices.gov.au
- is accessible and applicable to a wide, national audience
- has content that is relevant, useful and authoritative for citizens, businesses or other key stakeholders
- has information that is authoritative and current
External links that meet the criteria are included either:
- immediately following the related paragraph using a bullet point
- in a separate call out box to the right of the page on subject and news pages
- at the end of the page under a sub heading Other information sources on subject and news pages or
- as an item under the Resources tab on Service Directory pages, under the sub heading Other information sources
You can provide feedback on the website using our online message system.
Unless otherwise noted, copyright in this website is owned by the Commonwealth of Australia, represented by the Department of Human Services.
Except where otherwise noted, content on this website is licenced under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia Licence, with the exception of:
- the Commonwealth Coat of Arms
- the Australian Government Department of Human Services logo
- any protected names and symbols under Commonwealth legislation
- any registered trade marks owned by the Commonwealth of Australia, and
- content supplied by third parties, as identified
Full details of the licence terms are available on the Creative Commons website.
Material obtained from this website is to be attributed to this department as © Commonwealth of Australia.
Whenever a third party holds copyright in material presented on this website, the copyright remains with that party. Their permission may be required to use the material. We have made all reasonable efforts to:
- clearly label and attribute material where the copyright is owned by a third party
- ensure that the copyright owner has consented to this material being presented on this website
Enquiries concerning reproduction and rights should be addressed to:
Department of Human Services
CANBERRA BC ACT 2610
We have very strict guidelines around use of the department’s names and symbols, including logos. We do not allow use of any of our names and symbols on other websites, unless prior permission has been granted by us. Many of the department’s names and symbols are protected under the Trade Marks Act and other Commonwealth legislation, and any unauthorised use by external parties may be a breach of those laws.
We use an analytics service provided by Google to improve our website and to ensure that you are getting the information you need.
Google Analytics will send information about your connection to this site to servers located outside of Australia. This information is used to prepare reports and help us evaluate how the website is being used. No identifying information is collected and we hide parts of your IP address so that your identity remains anonymous.
A cookie is a piece of information contained within a small file that a website sends to your browser when you access information at that site. This site uses session-based cookies to gather website usage data. You can change your web browser settings to reject cookies or to prompt you each time a website wishes to add a cookie to your browser.