Electronic funds transfer of bulk billing and Department of Veterans' Affairs payments

Health professionals now receive bulk bill and Department of Veterans' Affairs payments through electronic funds transfer.

We no longer send cheques for bulk bill and Department of Veterans' Affairs  payments to health professionals.

You must lodge your bank account details with us to receive payment of your bulk bill and Department of Veterans' Affairs claims through Electronic Funds Transfer.

If you practise at more than 1 location, you need to submit bank account details for each location.

We will process your claims and pay you when you give us your bank account details.

Submitting your details

You can submit your bank account details in 2 ways:

  1. if you use Medicare Easyclaim, use the Provider registration for Electronic Funds Transfer payments form (HW029)
  2. if you use Medicare Online Claiming, use the Banking details Online Claiming form (HW052)

More information

For more information contact us at the eBusiness Service Centre.

We’re testing a new website design. Try it out and tell us what you think. Read more about changes to this site.

Page last updated: 25 January 2016

This information was printed Tuesday 22 August 2017 from humanservices.gov.au/health-professionals/enablers/electronic-funds-transfer-bulk-billing-and-department-veterans-affairs It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at humanservices.gov.au/siteinformation when using this material.