Viewing a patient's care plan history using HPOS
You can view your patient's care plan history for the last 12 months in HPOS. It’s recorded against their Medicare record.
A care plan refers to GP services as part of Chronic Disease Management. They include:
- GP Management Plans
- Team Care Arrangements
- Multidisciplinary Care Plans
- GP Mental Health Treatment Plans
Read more about Chronic Disease Management on the Department of Health's website.
You can only view your patient's care plan history if they:
- are over 18 years of age
- are registered for a Medicare online account, and
- have given verbal consent
You can access this service in HPOS with an Individual PKI certificate, delegates are unable to access this service on your behalf.
- select the menu icon
- select View Patient Care Plan History
- select Find Patient Record and enter your patient's details
- select Search
- check the patient consent check box and select Continue
You must have your patient's consent to access their care plan history
- care plan history tab will display
- if your patient has a care plan, it will display the date of service, item numbers and description, if relevant. If your patient hasn't had a care plan created in the previous 12 months, a message will advise you
- if no care plan items can be found, a message will be displayed explaining 'Enhanced Primary Care plan items not previously paid'