Checking your patient’s concessional entitlement
You can now check your patient’s concessional status with a new concessional entitlement verification service.
If the patient holds or is listed on a Commonwealth concessional card at the date of service, they are considered to be concessional.
You can check if your patient has concessional entitlement eligibility to claim Medicare services in real-time:
- through Health Professional Online Services (HPOS), or
- by calling 132 150 and using the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) technology, which provides you with a self-service option.
This service will assist you in determining if a patient is concessional.
A patient’s concessional entitlement is based on the information we know at the time of checking.
When you call and use the IVR technology you will need to supply:
- provider number
- your patient’s Medicare card details, including their Patient Individual Reference Number (IRN)
To use the IVR technology, call 132 150 and select:
- option 5 for child dental benefit enquiries and concessional entitlement status confirmation
- sub-option 2 for Medicare concessional entitlement status
Save time by using the Find a patient HPOS service that allows you to easily search and confirm:
- patient details
- patient Medicare numbers, and
- patient concessional eligibility
HPOS is a fast and secure way for health professionals and administrators to do business with us.
For a full list go to services available in HPOS.
Read more about how to find a patient using HPOS to learn about concessional entitlement verification.
Read more news for health professionals
Subscribe to our news for health professionals email service. It provides you with a summary of news, keeping you informed with updates and changes to our services.