Chemotherapy Compounding Payment Scheme
From 1 September 2016, information needed to claim infusible chemotherapy items from the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) is changing.
Approved suppliers such as pharmacists, medical practitioners and hospital authorities will be asked to provide new information when claiming infusible chemotherapy items through the PBS.
New data fields within the PBS online claiming system for infusible chemotherapy claims include:
- compounder ID - to indicate the compounder of the infusion, and
- infusion ID - automatically generated by PBS dispensing software for each infusion
Compounders will provide approved suppliers with the compounder ID for the relevant compounding sites.
These changes provide:
- data on chemotherapy compounding for payments to TGA-licensed compounders on the basis of PBS transaction data, and
- a better understanding of the scope of chemotherapy compounding in Australia
Including compounder and infusion IDs in infusible chemotherapy claims is optional but will be mandatory from April 2017.
Read more about:
- Chemotherapy Compounding Payment Scheme on the PBS website
- efficient funding of chemotherapy
- news for health professionals
Subscribe to news for health professionals and get regular updates directly to your inbox.