How you can help patients affected by family and domestic violence
If you have a patient who is affected by family and domestic violence, we have a variety of information available that you can use.
Family and domestic violence is unacceptable in any form and has a serious impact on individuals, families, the workplace and the community. It affects people from all walks of life no matter their age or gender.
As health professionals you’re in a position to provide information to people who may have limited opportunities to discuss their family and domestic violence concerns.
You can refer patients directly to 1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732 or MensLine on 1300 789 978 for support.
- Complete our new Family and Domestic Violence eLearning program for Health Professionals
- Read more about:
- how we help customers affected by family and domestic violence
- 1800RESPECT, the national family violence and sexual assault counselling service
- MensLine Australia, who provide national telephone and online support, information and a referral service for men with family and relationship concerns, and
- how to order our family and domestic violence brochure for your practice
- Subscribe to news for health professionals and get regular updates directly to your inbox