Medicare services for Indigenous health – what you need to know
We have an online eLearning program and education guides to help you when providing health services to your Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients.
Our eLearning program, Indigenous Health Services, is a comprehensive overview of Medicare services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients, including the health items available and subsequent requirements.
The eLearning program includes:
- Accessing Medicare services - An introduction to basic eligibility requirements for you and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients for participation in the Medicare program.
- Incentives - An overview of the incentive programs to support the delivery of Medicare services to improve health care for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients.
- Supporting primary care - A summary of health care services available to you to support primary care within Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
- Chronic conditions - An outline of services in the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients with a chronic or terminal condition under Chronic Disease Management (CDM) services.
- Case studies - Examples of how you can provide primary and preventative health care to support and manage chronic conditions for your Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients.
The education guides complement the eLearning modules with more information on the following topics:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health assessments and follow‑up services
- Chronic Disease Management services to support Indigenous health
- Closing the Gap – Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (CTG-PBS) Co-payment Measure
- Mental health services – supporting Indigenous health
- Telehealth – supporting Indigenous health
Read more about:
Subscribe to news for health professionals and get regular updates directly to your inbox.