Health Professionals Online Services (HPOS) is a fast and secure way for health professionals and administrators to do business with us.
Access HPOS using
Access eHealth services using
Access other online services
- select the appropriate HPOS log on button for you from the above options
- insert your individual certificate or load your site certificate on your computer
- select which log on you are using, generally individual certificate or site certificate
- the choose a digital certificate pop up will display, select your certificate from the list displayed
- the cryptographic service provider pop up will display, enter your user pass phrase (PIC)
- the HPOS terms and conditions will display, select I agree
- the HPOS home page will display
If you are having difficulty accessing HPOS, you can read more about installing your PKI certificate.
HPOS has a new user interface to improve usability. It is now easier for Health professionals to find the services they need. All services are still available however some names and the location of some services has changed.
To get started with HPOS you need to apply for a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) certificate.
Read more about PKI certificates including how to apply
There are more than 26 services accessible using HPOS.
A guide to using HPOS to generate bulk bill processing and payment reports for Medicare Easyclaim.
HPOS enables ACIR users to submit immunisation encounters which are records of immunisations, view immunisation history, request reports and update provider contact details.
A guide to help health professionals check patient eligibility, cap balance and generate bulk bill reports for Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) in HPOS.
A guide to using HPOS to verify patient Medicare details.
A guide to help prescribers use HPOS to access a report listing medicines supplied to your patient in the last 3 months.
A guide to help overseas trained doctors to track their scaling details and view location 19AB exemption details in HPOS.
A guide for health professionals to help complete and submit medical forms in HPOS which will update your patient's Centrelink record.
A guide to help GPs submit the GP Assessment Report form as part of the National Bowel Cancer Screening Program (NBCSP) using HPOS.
A guide to help health professional's submit and view claims to the Office of Hearing Services in HPOS.
A guide to help health professionals create, submit and review claims for the Midwife Professional Indemnity Scheme (MPIS) using HPOS.
A guide to using Health Professional Online Services (HPOS) to view and manage rural incentive payments.
Learn how to use HPOS to register your organisation for, and manage authorisations within, the My Health Record system.
A guide to help health professionals manage their individual and organisation Healthcare Identifiers Service information in HPOS.
A guide to help health professionals submit Medicare bulk bill claims electronically for real time assessment through HPOS.
A guide to help health professionals manage claims and payments for Department of Veterans’ Affairs health programs through HPOS.
A guide to using HPOS to view Patient Treatment Reports and Provider Summary Reports for the DVA Coordinated Veterans' Care (CVC) program.
You can view your patient's care plan history for the last 12 months in HPOS. It is recorded against their Medicare record.
Learn how to use the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) items online checker in HPOS to confirm patient and claim eligibility.
All of the services and functions in HPOS are grouped on tiles on the home page. Use this simple overview to assist you to find a service or function.
A guide to managing your favourites list in the main menu of HPOS. Personalise your favourites list within the main menu of HPOS for quick access to services you use regularly. You can add up to 7 menu items.
- select My favourites from the main menu
- highlight menu items from the Links available, then select Add to add the menu item to your favourites list
- highlight a menu item from the My favourite links, then select Remove to remove the menu item from your favourites list
- select Update to finalise any changes
A guide to viewing and updating your personal details, qualifications and contact details in HPOS.
A guide to applying for new provider numbers and managing existing numbers in HPOS.
A guide to using HPOS to update your bank account details.
A guide to adding, removing and monitoring delegates acting on your behalf in HPOS.
These Terms and Conditions of Use and Access (Terms and Conditions) apply to all access and use of the Health Professional Online Services (HPOS).
- Australian Childhood Immunisation Register for health professionals
- Child Dental Benefits Schedule for health professionals
- Health compliance audits and reviews
- Highly specialised drugs
- Medicare Easyclaim
- Medicare provider number for health professionals
- Medicare provider number for overseas trained doctors and foreign graduates
- National Bowel Cancer Screening Program for health professionals