Medicare Online for software vendors
Information and resources to assist developers integrating Medicare Online claiming software.
This means that health professionals will know immediately if the transmission has been delivered or not.
Included in online claiming are patient claims and bulk bill claims, Department of Veterans' Affairs veteran treatment accounts and the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register. Online claiming offers:
- patient claiming, both real-time and store-and-forward
- same-day delete request, for real-time patient claims only
- bulk bill claiming
- Department of Veterans' Affairs medical and pathology
- Australian Childhood Immunisation Register notifications
- Online Patient Verification, for both Medicare and private health insurers
- ECLIPSE (Electronic Claim Lodgement and Information Processing Service Environment)
- In Hospital Claim (IHC) claiming to Human Services and private health insurers
- Online Eligibility Checking
These online options mean the practice no longer needs to lodge paperwork with us.
Public Key Infrastructure
Online claiming uses Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) to ensure the security of communications across the health sector. This technology ensures that data transmitted to us can be identified and is secure and private. PKI secures online communications using digital certificates, which are electronic identity documents used to digitally sign and encrypt electronic transmissions.
An easy way for patients and practices to claim their Medicare benefits via EFTPOS.
When you lodge a claim for Medicare benefits, we use return codes to tell you why the claim was rejected or how the claim was assessed.
Information for software vendors who integrate claim information into the document formats required for the exchange of electronic data with us.