Medicare Benefits Schedule education for health professionals
MBS education resources to help medical practitioners, allied health professionals and practice staff understand claiming requirements.
- Medicare for health professionals
An introductory program to the MBS recommended to health professionals who are or will be providing Medicare services
- MBS primary care items
Provides an overview of the MBS primary care items including attendances, mental health, chronic disease management and preventative health care
- Medicare - Treatment of skin lesions
Outlines Medicare requirements for billing skin lesion treatment that is recommended to health professionals working in skin cancer management
- Chronic disease management for GPs
An advanced, case based program outlining the Medicare requirements for GP Management Plans (GPMPs), Team Care Arrangements (TCAs) and their connection with referrals for allied health MBS items 10950-10970
- Medicare for dentists
Explains the Medicare program for dentists who are or will be providing Medicare dental services
Tell us what you think about the eLearning programs
Your feedback helps us stay in touch with your needs and improve our services. Complete the evaluation within each eLearning program.
To help you understand your obligations when billing and claiming MBS items.
- Aftercare or post-operative treatment
- Better Access to mental health care for general practitioners and allied health professionals
- Chronic disease individual allied health services Medicare items 10950-10970
- Chronic disease GP Management Plans and Team Care Arrangements
- Claiming bulk bill incentive items
- Diagnostic audiology items
- Health assessments and your record keeping responsibilities
- Indefinite referrals - what you need to know
- Medicare items for Better Start for Children with Disability initiative
- Multi-item billing
- Practice nurse items
- Skin lesion excision and biopsy items
- Skin lesion removal - item selection guide
- Medicare ultrasound services
Read more information about our website disclaimer.