Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme education for health professionals
Education resources to help health professionals.
PBS education resources for:
- medical practitioners, dentists, optometrists, nurse practitioners and midwives to understand prescribing requirements
- pharmacists, pharmacy interns, students and staff to understand dispensing and claiming requirements under the PBS
- PBS for pharmacy
Outlines the requirements for supplying, dispensing and claiming PBS items
- PBS prescribing in public hospitals
For health professionals prescribing PBS medicines in public hospitals
- PBS prescribing in private practice
For health professionals prescribing PBS medicines in private practice
Tell us what you think about the eLearning programs
Your feedback will help us stay in touch with your needs and improve our services. Complete the evaluation within each eLearning program.
To help you understand your prescribing, dispensing and claiming obligations when working with the PBS.
- Authorised nurse practitioners - writing PBS prescriptions
- Authorised optometrists - writing PBS prescriptions
- Claiming checklist for community pharmacies
- Continued Dispensing Initiative - PBS requirements
- Dispensing and claiming for participating public hospitals
- Dispensing checklist for community pharmacies
- Efficient funding of chemotherapy
- Medical practitioners in private practice writing PBS and RPBS prescriptions
- Participating public hospitals writing PBS and RPBS prescriptions
- Prescribing, dispensing, and claiming HSDs
- Prescribing Esomeprazole under the PBS for gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- Prescribing PBS items
Read more information about our website disclaimer.