Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme education for health professionals
PBS education resources to help medical practitioners, dentists, optometrists, nurse practitioners and midwives understand prescribing requirements.
- PBS for new health professionals
An introductory program to the PBS and is recommended for health professionals with prescribing rights under the PBS
- Prescribing in public hospitals
For health professionals prescribing PBS medicines in public hospitals
- Prescribing in private practice
For health professionals prescribing PBS medicines in private practice
- Prescribing for optometrists
For optometrists prescribing PBS medicines
Tell us what you think about the eLearning programs
Your feedback will help us stay in touch with your needs and improve our services. Complete the evaluation within each eLearning program.
To help you understand your prescribing obligations when working with the PBS.
- Efficient funding of chemotherapy
- Information about prescribing, dispensing, and claiming HSDs
- Authorised nurse practitioners - writing PBS prescriptions
- Authorised optometrists - writing PBS prescriptions
- Medical practitioners in private practice writing PBS and RPBS prescriptions
- Participating public hospitals writing PBS and RPBS prescriptions
- Prescribing Esomeprazole under the PBS for gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- Prescribing PBS items
Read more information about our website disclaimer.