An income support payment if you give constant care to someone who has a severe disability, illness, or an adult who is frail and old.
- you’re caring for 1 or more people with care needs which score high enough on the ADAT or DCLAD
- they will have these needs for at least 6 months or the rest of their life
- under the pension income and assets test limits
- you and your care receiver must both be residing in Australia
A fortnightly income supplement if you give daily care and attention to someone who has a disability, serious illness, or an adult who is frail and old.
You must give additional daily care at home to:
- a child aged under 16 who has a disability or serious illness and lives with you
- 2 or more children aged under 16 living with you whose care needs add up to the same as 1 eligible child, or
- someone aged 16 or older who has a disability or serious illness or is frail aged
Why we do income reviews
We do reviews so we can confirm you are paid the right amount.
It’s time to say thanks
Sunday 19 November is DonateLife Thank You Day.
Our Medicare general enquiries line menu has changed
You can tell us what your call is about instead of using your phone keypad to go through our menu.
Celebrate International Day of People with Disability
On 3 December, we celebrate the 25th International Day for People with Disability.
Superannuation changes may affect you
If you are retired or approaching retirement, find out about super changes on the ATO website.
If you worked for an Australian Disability Enterprise
Find out more about the BSWAT Payment Scheme on the DSS website.