The Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) is a national register that records vaccines given to people of all ages in Australia.
What’s on it
The AIR can record:
- childhood vaccines given since 1 January 1996
- adult vaccines given since 30 September 2016
- vaccines through the free National Immunisation Program
- vaccines you’ve paid for privately
You can read more about the National Immunisation Program on the Department of Health website.
It’s up to the vaccination provider to put your vaccines on the AIR. It’s a good idea to remind them.
What isn’t on it
The AIR doesn’t record:
- childhood vaccines given before 1 January 1996
- adult vaccines given before 30 September 2016
- vaccines from school programs
- vaccines that vaccination providers don’t put on it
Find out more
Read about the Immunise Australia Program on the Department of Health website.