Applying for CAPS

To apply for CAPS you and your health professional must complete some forms and reports.

Application form

To get the CAPS application form:

You need to fill in the form with an appropriate health professional.

Health professional's report

Your health professional’s report must say:

Health professionals

For this scheme your health professional can be but isn’t limited to, any of the following:

  • general practitioner (GP)
  • continence nurse
  • registered nurse
  • physiotherapist
  • occupational therapist
  • Aboriginal Health Worker
  • medical specialist

Extra documents

You may need to provide extra documents. When you fill in the form it will tell you what these are.

You must give us certified copies of these documents.

Certified copy

This is a copy that an authorised witness has signed as a true and correct copy of the original document. It can’t be a copy of a certified copy.

Submit your application

You need to give us:

  • your form, and
  • any documents we’ve asked you for

You can do this by post or at a service centre.

Wait for the result

If we agree you can get CAPS


  • pay it into the bank account you chose on the form
  • send you a payment statement

If there’s something missing from your application

We’ll ask you for more details.

If we don’t agree you can get CAPS

We’ll tell you in writing.

You can appeal our decision. To discuss this, call the CAPS team.

Page last updated: 27 August 2017