Call our automated phone line for information about your child support account.
About the service
The Automated Child Support information service is a telephone service that gives you information about your:
- next child support payment
- last child support payment.
You can use the service if both of the following apply to you:
- you receive child support
- we collect those child support payments for you.
The service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can access it from anywhere in Australia for the cost of a local call. Higher rates may apply for calls from mobiles, public phones and from overseas.
Preparing to call
Before you call you should have with you:
- your Child Support Reference Number (CSRN), you can find this on letters we have sent you
- your Child Support Personal Identification Number (PIN), this can’t be a temporary PIN
- something to write with, such as a pen and paper.
If you’ve forgotten your PIN, you can reset it.
Calling the service
When you call the service, you should:
- be in a quiet place so the service can clearly hear you
- listen to the welcome message and menu carefully as choices and information may change
- speak naturally, you don't need to slow down or shout
- answer the questions the service asks you
- follow the instructions.
Access the service by calling the Automated Child Support information service line.
Make sure you:
- Say your CSRN.
- Enter your PIN into your phone keypad.
You can also say your PIN but we suggest using your keypad for privacy.
You'll then hear details about your next child support payment. To hear details about your last payment, say last payment.
If you forget your PIN, we can reset it. You can ask us to reset it by either:
- completing the online Contact Us form
- calling us on the Child Support general enquiries line during business hours, please be ready with your CSRN.
Changing your PIN
You can change your PIN with the phone menu options:
- say change my PIN
- Enter your new 4 digit PIN into your phone keypad.
Keep in mind you can say your PIN but we suggest using your keypad for privacy.
Keeping your account secure
It’s important to keep your account details secure. Don’t share your CRSN or PIN with anyone.
To keep your account secure, change your PIN often.
To confirm your identity when you call, we’ll always ask for your CSRN and PIN.
If your account is accessed using your CSRN and PIN, we’ll assume this is you. If you think someone else has accessed your account, tell us as soon as possible. Call us on the Child Support general enquiries line.
Read more about your right to privacy and how we help you stay safe online.