Change of circumstances when you get Assistance for Isolated Children

If your circumstances change, this may affect your eligibility and payment of Assistance for Isolated Children.

We review your circumstances annually to make sure you get the right payment.

You need to tell us if your or the student's circumstances change. For example, if:

  • you get Additional Boarding Allowance and your or your partner's income increases or the student's boarding charges increase
  • the student stops boarding or living in the second home
  • the student stops studying, reduces their study load, or changes their education institution
  • your personal circumstances change
  • you change your address or the student changes their term address
  • you don't have to lodge a tax return
  • the care arrangements for the student change, or
  • you or the student leave Australia permanently

If you don't tell us about the changes within 14 days, it may affect your payment. We may pay you incorrectly and you'll have to pay the money back.

If you deliberately don't tell us about changes, we can charge you with fraud, and a recovery fee may apply.

Page last updated: 12 May 2018