You need to report any changes to your circumstances when you get JET Child Care Fee Assistance.
You need to tell us if you:
- stop doing your approved activity
- change address
- change relationship status
- stop using child care
- need to claim for longer
- travel overseas or your child goes overseas
- leave Australia or the government tells you that you can’t stay in Australia
- or your partner aren’t primary carers for your child
You also need to tell us if your child:
- starts going to school
- attends a new child care service
- leaves a child care service
- changes child care times
- stops living with you
- is no longer your dependant
- passes away
- leaves Australia
How and when to tell us
The easiest way to tell us about changes is through our self service options.
Make sure you:
- tell us about the change within 14 days
- update your details in myGov
It’s never too late to report a change.
When you don’t tell us
If you don't tell us about changes, we may pay you too much. If this happens you'll have to pay the money back. There may also be a recovery fee. That’s why it’s best to report any changes as soon as they happen.
If you don’t tell us when your circumstances change, you could be committing fraud.