You need to tell us if your circumstances change when you get Newborn Upfront Payment and Newborn Supplement.
For example, if:
- you change your address
- you become partnered
- you separate from your partner
- your or your partner’s income changes
- you do not have to lodge a tax return
- your child care arrangements change
- your child’s work or study load changes
- your child leaves your care
- you leave Australia, or
- your care arrangements change
If you do not tell us about the changes within 14 days, your payment may be affected. You may be overpaid benefits and you will probably have to pay back the money.
If you deliberately do not tell us about changes, you could be charged with fraud and a recovery fee may be imposed.